IT’S THE SAME AS RUNNING A FIRM WITHOUT A MARKETING PLAN.
Last week we talked about target markets and this week we need to see what the next step is to using that identified target market(s). So here we go:
- Decide what the exact needs of your target market are.
- If having trouble deciding do some interviews and find out.
- Prioritize at least 3 Needs.
- Taking those Needs, first incorporate them in your Website and Linkedin Accounts.
- Now follow up those posts with how you would solve those needs. For instance if one of the needs to get information about a legal question, indicate that you can do that.
- Be careful to only indicate how you will go about helping them solve the problem.
- Take the first of your identified target markets(if there is more than one) and decide the following:
- Where does your TM go to get advice (internet, friends, other attorneys, etc.)
- What does your TM read?
- What other interests does your TM have?
- What causes your TM stress?
- Can you identify which age group most of your TMs fall into?
- Is your TM within a certain financial baseline? what?
- Where does your TM spent most of his/her time?
Continue to do this and add more questions about the details of your TM until you feel like you really know their needs. Then do this with all your identified TMs.
THIS WILL BE THE BASIS OF YOUR MARKETING PLAN. MUCH MORE TO GO. STAY TUNED FOR NEXT WEEK WHEN WE WILL GO INTO HOW TO ACTUALLY LOCATE YOUR TMs AND HOW TO “TOUCH” THEM!